Last modified: November 4, 2019
Bite-Size HIPAA (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website at bitesizehipaa.com (our “Services”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on these Services and in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and these Services.
It does not apply to information:
• that is Protected Health Information as defined by HIPAA;
• collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
• collected by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Services.
All Protected Health Information will be treated in accordance with HIPAA and will only be used and disclosed as allowed by law.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
• by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
• that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as order history; and/or
• about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us.
• Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Services. This includes information provided at the time of requesting further information or during the ordering of products.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Services and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Services.
• Any other information you provide to us through the use of the Services.
Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
• Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our Services.
Why We Need the Information We Collect
We need the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Services and its contents to you.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
How We May Use or Disclose Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
• To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the permitted purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We are required under applicable tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. Your information we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our products or services, you can opt-out at any time by logging into the Services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile, by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes when submitting your contact information or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to support-at-bitesizehipaa-dot-com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an e-mail at support-at-bitesizehipaa-dot-com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.